My Yahoo!FinanceShopMailMessengerHotJobsHelpYahoo!
 Yahoo! Personals - It's time to give fate a nudge. Create your profile or search for free.
  Search for:     Advanced
Preferences  
Comments: Post a Comment


 That Thing I Do - Thursday, April 07, 2005 at 11:01 AM
With all the time in the world (not all, but at least 3 months), i figured it's probably the only time in my life, besides pre-enlistment days, i'm free from most responsibilities and able to do the things i really really wanna do. Wait, that'll be to slack everyday. Okok, I'll rephrase: To do the things and achieve goals i'll be satisfied with. Bollocks, that's still to slack. Anyhow, i've come out with a list of potential goals, or plain time killers for the holidays. Here goes:

1. Driving.
Good because.... Ermm... pretty obvious eh? I can pretty much go anywhere i want to anytime. No more crowded buses during rush hour, no more irritating Singaporeans in MRT stations who refuse to wait behind the yellow line to let passengers alight from the train first before entering, just... no more walking! Oh yes, and mum won't be nagging me to get my license after half a year of procrastinating.

Bad because.... $$$$$. Petrol. Driving lessons/test. ERP. And err... parking tickets. 'Nuff said.

Verdict: Hmm... the last point on the "Good because" part is enough to bao ga liao (sum it all up). So i guess no choice... it's off to SSDC!

2. Work.
Good because.... For work experience, so that i'll have something to add on to my resume in future..... BOLLOCKS. It's always because of the money. $$$$$$$

Bad because..... W-O-R-K.
W: Waste of time. I mean, the money we earn versus the total time spent to do stupid stuff like telemarketing, roadshows, gophering in offices etc. (side note: Did you know why it's called a gopher? Gopher sounds like "go for", i.e. "Go for a coffee" "Go for my photo-stated documents". ) (side-side-note: There's actually some value add to my blog... not bad eh?) ANYWAY, W=Waste of time.

R: Rather do things i enjoy. Yes, after 2 years of work work work, working in all kinds of environment, from the muddy densely vegetated areas in Marsiling to the air-conditioned offices of Khatib Camp, why put myself through more work during my hard-earned holidays?

K: KRAZY*.

O: OVER MY DEAD BODY.

Verdict: Hmm... actually, this might be a tough call. Despite the scales tipping towards not working as mentioned above, $$$$, can actually bao ga liao. I've been thinking of getting a 4 string bass, which will set me back... quite a lot actually. Hmmm... i'll have to think hard about this.

3. Study.

Good because.... Just ask any sane parent with kids what's good about studying, you'll confirm, i stress confirm, get the answer "for the future, so they can earn a lot of money and lead a comfortable life!" Ermm... right. Well, after 2 years of brain damaging activities, i got to get the old noggin back into shape again. Just check out my spelling above (See *).

Bad because.... Just ask any sane kid with parents what's bad about studying, you'll confirm, i stress confirm, get the answer "Waste my time! I'd rather play/go out/sleep/ whatever!" Ermm.... right.

Verdict: I believe i'll actually enjoy studying without having to stress myself out over examinations. I believe it'll do me a world of good for my upcoming course in NUS. I believe it'll make me... a new me! Disciplined and mature.
And i also believe i'll procrastinate.

4. Music.

Good because.... I need to improve a lot more. Guess i'll be playing more gigs in the future, so i'd think now's the time to brush up on my bass!

Bad because.... Hmmm... NIL.

Verdict: If you have at least half a brain, conclude yourself. If not, click here: http://www.brain-surgery.com/


I guess that's about everything that there is to accomplish from now till august. And to update this blog a bit more. Just for the fans. All 3 of you.

P.S. Check out Bobo's blog: http://bobochen.blogspot.com
Hasn't been update too often recently, but he promises at the very least a weekly update starting from next week. The kung fu hamster returns!
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Directed, produced, written by WC

  Archives
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • January 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • October 2005
  • January 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  •   Links
      Entertainment
    Entertainment - Games - Movies - Music - TV


         • Advanced
    • Preferences

    How to Suggest a Site - Company Info - Copyright Policy - Terms of Service - Jobs - Advertise with Us

    Copyright © 2004 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

    Powered by Blogger